Last weekend Elijah got into my iron supplements!! Needless to say we took him to the ER. His iron level was elevated to 357!!! Thank you Jesus for looking over him. We were so worried and I felt soooooooooo bad b/c I saw him have the bottle and didn't take it away. (I was loading the dishwasher and thought it would keep him busy). Well it did keep him busy b/c he broke into the bottle with his teeth and ate a few. John came in from outside and said, "Kristi!!" I jumped and looked over and saw Elijah with red all over his mouth and iron pills all over the floor!! Elijah threw up 5 times and the Dr. gave him medicine to make him stop puking. If his iron level hadn't gone down,we were going to have to take him to Evansville via ambulance to give him meds to lower it.
I am so thankful that God is with us ALL of the time!
So............. don't let your kids play with pill bottles!!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Don't let children play with child-proof bottles!!
Posted by Kristi at 3:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi Kristi...Blogs are wonderful, aren't they? Praise the Lord for the safety of Elijah! What beautiful children the Lord has given you and John...Love you,Carol
Oh my goodness! You had to be terrified. I am so thankful he's fine.
Last year I gave Riley like 3 tablespoons of Motrin instead of 3 teaspoons. Scared me to death too...until I called poison control and they said..."Oh no big deal." Made me feel totally sick - Riley was fine though. :-)
Phil,
I bet it was in the middle of the night too;) I've done that before and then called Poison Control. I think they know me by my first name now!
That is super scary! I am so glad everything is okay. That happened to a friend of mine...her son took blood pressure pills. He was okay, too, but scared them to death. God was definitely watching over Elijah!
Omg!! I bet you were terrified. I remember when either Timmy or Jamey, (I think Jamey) was little. I had these candles in these mirrored shelves I had that looked like water in them, but it was something like kerosene in it. I saw him playing with it, and I went over and smelled his breath, and it smelled like it!! I called poison control. Needless to say, we dumped it out, and replaced it with water!!
Post a Comment