Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Looking Back

I was just thinking about this past year and how God has been so good to me and my family!! It has been one year ago that we moved into our new home. It is everything that we ever wanted and prayed for!
About 2 months after we were here, my mom and dad came over. My mom opened up the door that goes into the basement(thinking it was a bedroom door) and fell down about 20 steps!! She crushed her femur and broke her arm, but if she would have hit her head at the bottom instead of her leg, it would have probably killed her. I said all of that to say that I am thankful that God protected her and she is with us today!! (Walking very well!!)
Last year was a year of success for John!! In December he finished up his Master's degree!! He had some very long nights and days!!! I am so very proud of him for completing that! He is such a wonderful man to be married to. He is truly my best friend, a great daddy and a dear husband. I am so glad that I was choosy when it came to a husband. God has blessed me so much!
Last year was a year of growing. I got to watch my 2 beautiful children grow together. It has been such a joy to stay at home with them. My little boy is now one and a half and Brooklyn is 3. They make me laugh everyday and sometimes cry!! It is such a challenge some days because one thing might work great for one and horrible for the other. They are now starting to fight (I know, you thought they were angels!!) and I am struggling to be fair and consistent!! Some days go by really fast while others go by so slow. I love my children so much and I am excited and scared to be adding a new blessing in April!!
Looking back I see that each day is truly a blessing and a gift from God. Some days I feel all alone here. I am still praying for a support group. I used to be involved in MOPS, but the closest one around is about 45 min. -1 hour away. There are no young couples in our church. I know that this year God is going to bless me with new friendships and maybe rekindle some old friendships.
I am looking forward to another great year!! Thank you Lord for everything that you have given to me

0 comments: